There are quite a few moments in life that leave you spellbound and deeply inspired. A holiday to Canada is one such experience. Inarguably one of the gorgeous countries in the world filled with dramatic landscapes of magnificent snow-capped mountains, clear blue lakes, and charming valleys, and a spectacular mix of elegant cities and quaint countryside fused with culture and cuisine, Canada lets you realize the secrets of ideal way of living a content life. Being such a hotspot destination brimming with an amazing collection of travel experiences, Canada is on every traveller’s bucket list. But before you travel, you need to get a valid Canadian tourist visa to enter the country. Citizens of certain countries can enter into Canada with an Electronic Travel Authorization. If the applicant is from a country whose citizens need a valid visa to enter into Canada then he or she will need to apply for a Canada visa. Depending upon the nature of travel, visas are granted; for leisure travel purpose, a temporary resident/visitor visa with validity for maximum 6 months stay will be issued. Here is the list of requirements needed for Canada visitor visa application.
Requirements for Canada tourist visa
The basic requirement for any person travelling to Canada for leisure is as follows.
- Should possess a valid passport.
- Should be in good health.
- Should have a good moral character and must not have any criminal /human rights violation or immigration-related convictions.
- Must have enough financial support for the duration of stay in Canada.
- Should provide documents which ensure return back to the home country such as travel itinerary and air flight tickets.
Apart from these requirements, the following documents are mandatory while applying for Canada visit visa:
- A valid passport with minimum 6 months validity from date of travel. The passport must have enough blank pages for visa stamping. Handwritten passports will not be accepted.
- A duly filled and signed Canada visa application form as per the instruction guidelines and without any errors or omissions.
- A duly filled and signed Family Information form if the applicant is applying for family members as well.
- Two recent high-quality photographs with a dimension of 35mm x 45mm in full face front view in white background. The applicant’s face should be in the middle of the photograph with size of the head - from chin to crown between 31 mm and 36 mm. Photographs must be clear, with neutral lighting and should not contain any markings. Applicant’s name and date of birth must be mentioned on the back of each photograph.
- Proof of financial support to ensure that applicant can cover his and his family member’s financial expenses throughout the stay in Canada.
- Proof of marital status - Photo copy of Marriage Certificate.
- Proof of current immigration status if any i.e. if the country of residence is different from the country of citizenship, then photo copy of proof of legal status in the country of residence should be provided.
- Visa fees of CAD 100 per person.
All required documents must be presented in English or French. Documents in other languages must be presented along with a copy of the documents translated in English or French.
Duration for Canada visa processing differs for different countries. However, it usually takes about 30 to 35 days for processing a Canada visit visa.
If any of the application forms or documents have incorrect, misleading information or errors, the visa application will be rejected.
Even with a valid Canada visa, there is every possibility that entry into the country may be disallowed as the final decision to grant entry into any country is with the immigration control of that country. Based on the observations and decisions of the immigration check, you will be given permission to enter into Canada.
The process for applying Canada visa is simple and easy to comply if you have the right partner to guide you through information and procedures regarding Canada tourist visa. We are one of the leading Canada visa agencies in Dubai, UAE and our visa specialists will guide you through the procedures and help you out at every step so that you can be assured of getting your visas done on time for your Canada holiday.