Are you considering a trip to Canada in the near future? Excellent choice of destination! Great White North as it is affectionately known, has an amazing blend of dramatic landscape – the Rocky Mountains, beautiful national parks, thousands of crystal clear lakes, and dynamic cities with friendly locals. Visualizing these factors itself makes it an wonderful destination to visit. Only one thing dampens the spirit of the Canada holiday, which is the visa process. The questions of which visa to apply for, what documents are required, and so on, stress us out. A little research and clarity on the topic will go a long way to making this process easier. To visit Canada, tourists need a Canada Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). But do not be fooled by its name, it does not grant you resident status or the right to work or study unless specifically stated. Here’s all you need to know about the Canada Temporary Resident Visa.
What is Canada Temporary Resident Visa?
The Canada Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is an official document that shows that a visa holder has met the requirements for admission to Canada. It is a document stamped in the person’s passport showing how long they can stay temporarily inside Canada. It is necessary to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa before entering Canada. Canada Temporary Resident Visa is basically a Canada tourist visa for people who wish to visit and explore Canada on a leisure holiday. A Canada tourist visa holder can only enter Canada if he or she can assure the border and immigration officer at the point of entry that he or she will leave the country after the visit is over. As long as the visa stamp does not specify otherwise, a Canada TRV is valid for up to 6 months from the date of entry.
What are The Eligibility Requirements to Get a TRV Canada?
- If you are from a visa-exempt country, have been granted permanent residence, or have landed immigration status, you do not need to apply for a TRV.
- You must have a valid passport.
- Unless you are authorized to work or study in Canada on TRV, your intention to visit Canada must be legal and the purpose of the visit must be solely social or leisure. To study or work in Canada, you will need to obtain other official permits in addition to the TRV.
- You have enough finance to fund your stay in Canada smoothly.
- You guarantee to exit Canada once your visit is complete.
- You are a law-abiding citizen with no criminal past.
- You don’t have health problems that could cause a health risk for the country.
- You do not pose a threat to the locals or residents of Canada.
What are The Documents Required for Canada TRV?
- A completely filled Canada visa application form without any errors and duly signed and dated.
- Passport that is machine-readable and valid for more than six months. It should also have enough blank pages for visa stamping.
- If you are applying from a country where you do not hold citizenship but reside currently, you will need a resident visa with the required validity.
- If applicable, an invitation letter from a friend or family member staying in Canada.
- Passport size photographs as per specifications mentioned in the visa application guidelines.
- Receipt of Visa fee payment.
- Bank statement with the last six months’ income as proof of sufficient funds for the stay in Canada.
- Health and travel insurance
- Itinerary of your trip, proof of address for your stay, and flight tickets – all these documents will be needed to prove the purpose of your trip and your departure after it.
- An employer’s letter of approval showing the joining date, the designation at the company, the duration, and the reason for the leave. For entrepreneurs, a letter on the letterhead of the company must be attached introducing the applicant, specifying the purpose of travel, providing passport details, travel information, trade licenses and income statements.
How to Apply?
Determine if you need to apply for a Canada TRV. After that, collect the appropriate documents based on your travel intention. Fill out the application. The application can be completed online or on paper. However, a Canada visa consultant can help you fill out the application form and complete the paperwork. Consult a visa consultant who will handle all the details of the application process for the Canada visa, verify the documents, and send them on your behalf to the Canadian Embassy. The Embassy may require additional documents and an interview if necessary. Additionally, you may need to provide biometric details in person at the Embassy, so research in advance on the process of appointment for Canada biometrics. Once you have submitted your visa form and paid the fees, all you need to do is wait for your visa to be granted.
How Long Does it Take to Process a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada?
Once you submit your application, for the next few weeks, the Canadian Embassy will verify and process the visa application and documents submitted with it. If necessary, they will ask you to undergo a visa interview and/or provide your biometric information. The approval rate for Temporary Resident Visa applications varies between different visa bureaus, but it’s common for them to be approved within days or even weeks. It is recommended to apply for a Canada visa at least one month before your planned departure to Canada.